Attorney Edward J. Blum
Prior to serving people accused of crimes, I served my country as an infantry soldier in the U.S. Army, obtaining the rank of Sergeant and leading an infantry squad. Protecting people’s rights has always been a mission of mine and transitioning to a career in law just made perfect sense.
Since then, now with over 20 years of legal experience concentrating on Criminal Defense, defending numerous clients accused of violating California and Federal Criminal Law, I have a high success rate in obtaining favorable outcomes for my clients.
My Legal Background
In both State and Federal Courts, I defend clients accused of violating Criminal Law. Throughout my career, I have taken, defended and won numerous Writs and Appeals from Criminal judgments when the Trial Courts didn’t see things my client’s way. I am honored to be the Attorney of choice for many other attorneys when they choose an attorney to appeal their own clients’ cases.
My clients have been accused of Murder, Assault and Battery, Child Abuse, Criminal Fraud, Drug Possession and Sale, Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI, Embezzlement, Felonies, Gun Possession, and Homicide. I have taken cases defending clients accused of:
- Parole and Probation Violations
- Record Sealing or Expungement
- Securities Fraud
- Serious Auto Crimes
- Sexual Abuse
- Speeding and Moving Violations
- White Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Federal Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Domestic Violence
My extensive experience ranges from obtaining crucial evidence and information from the Police and Prosecution, making successful motions to suppress evidence or dismiss charges, negotiating beneficial plea bargains and Hearings to Trial cases, in front of Juries and Justices.
Here are a few of my latest cases to give you an idea of how I have been able to obtain positive results for my clients:
- In a Murder case, my client was accused of killing a person after street racing. I fought the case and obtained a dismissal of the Murder charge. My client plead to a misdemeanor Leaving the Scene of an Accident. I was able to help him avoid a lengthy prison sentence and the restitution connected with the person’s tragic death.
- In a Domestic Violence case, my client was accused of beating his girlfriend. I took the case to jury trial and was able to get a Not Guilty verdict on three Counts.
- In another case, my client was charged with Felony Theft by Deception of a tax refund. I represented my client at the Preliminary Hearing and got all his felony charges dismissed. My client was then able to plead to a Misdemeanor which allowed him to avoid jail time.
- In a recent DUI drugs case, I was able to obtain a Not Guilty verdict.
- In the numerous DUI and Driving on Suspended License cases I have handled, I have been able to obtain dismissal of the charges, a reduction of charges or to modify the sentence. Most cases never had to go to trial.
- In the single Driving under a Suspended License case which went to trial, I won a victory (a Not Guilty verdict) for my client.
- In a Domestic Violence case, I was able to get my client a plea bargain that allowed him to avoid negative immigration consequences by utilizing my substantial background in Family and Criminal Law.
- I won against the City of Los Angeles in a Writ to stop the Court’s order to turn over bad deeds of the cop, winning the case for my client.
If you are facing legal issues and unsure where to turn, I am happy to answer any questions you may have, as well as provide a free consultation.
Call me today!
Throughout your case, I work personally with you, one on one, to obtain the best possible resolution of your case.
- Law Degree, The University of West Los Angeles, New Jersey – 1996
- B.A. Administration of Justice, Penn State University – 1985
- The California Bar – 1996